Sunday, August 5, 2007

Weekend in Santa Monica

Spent the weekend down in Santa Monica visiting my old friends and former roommates -Colin, Dan, and Andy. Great to see them and spent the weekend, biking, surfing, beaching bumming, playing volleyball, grilling, partying and finally....cleaning! (a requirement of the grilling and partying ;)

Unforunately the weekend wasn't without its share of mishaps - while surfing, we left our bookbags containing baseball gloves, wallets, and cameras (gulp!) next to our cooler and beach towels. We couldn't have been more than 30 yards from the beach...Well, stupid us because when we came back, all our stuff was gone. Other than the obvious lesson learned here (don't leave your stuff unattended at the beach) I think i realized that all the stuff we have and tend to covote is just that...stuff. And the really important things like friends, memories, and experiences are things that luckily for us can never be taken away.

The weekend still went well and all three of those guys chipped in, loaned me $ to spend the rest of the weekend, paid for food, beer, etc and never asked for a dime - selfless. I'm happy to say that I had a great weekend, I have great friends whom I am quite sure I will remain in contact with for the rest of my life. That feeling alone is pretty special and I feel very lucky this morning as I wake up from my couch and prepare to head back to SF, renewed with motivation to go to work, put in the hours, and make some $ - money which will be used not to replace my camera or wallet, but to ensure that these random weekends, trips and experience will continue to flow my way

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Santa Monica! *sigh* I miss that place. Sorry to hear about the mishap, but glad you guys had a great weekend nonetheless!