Sunday, July 29, 2007

Birthday Lessons


As my birthday draws near, I like to think of what the past year has taught me. What have I learned? How can I make my life better, happier, and ultimately more meaningful? Some of the lessons below are one's I've had to relearn and some of new for me. Most of this may seem obvious but are harder to follow than to say. Even the most important things, can be lost among the trials and tribulations that sweep across our daily skies. If you take the time to read this, take a moment, reflect, and really think about how one (or more) of these lessons can apply to you...

Be honest. honest with yourself and with others.
Do the right thing, even if it hurts you or is the hard thing to do.
Remember that the only thing you truly have control over in this life is yourself.
Your words, your actions, all are controllable and all have significant meaning.
You can't please everyone all the time.
People will hurt you. It's inevitable, but you can't stop trusting people or caring. If you do that then you've really lost.
Keep your friends involved in your life, when life gets beats you up it's these people that will pick you up.

As always, thanks for taking a little part of your day to read this and "listen" to me. Take care,
~ Dave

No comments: